P. 96, it is commented that the Warrior "immediately tackles it and tries to save the day". It makes it seem like the Warrior is just itching for a fight or for a cause to try and win. It is also talked about how the negative Warrior takes everything as a contest. I've had that before in that I always wanted to prove I was right. I am one of the Founders for Epsilon Sigma Rho Fraternity, Inc. I wanted to fight everything single unjust issue that we came across. But I've learned to pick and choose my battles. We believe in multi-cultural awareness. I was very ignorant about other people's perspective. But now that I am able, for the most part, to look at things from the other side of the story, I feel better equipped to handle problems.
There is a flaw pointed out about our society. The stereotypical family has the dad as the Warrior and the mom as the Caregiver and if one of them were to be gone then who is supposed to mold the children as those archetypes? We as society need to put more emphasis on equal roles and duties instead of gender norms.
It surprised me that the Warrior was the root of a sense of identity and not the others. It makes sense that the one who defines the boundaries is the one responsible.
No comments:
Post a Comment