Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Creator

"They may not notice anything that doesn't fit into this basic pattern." P 170

I definitely believe in this. To be raised a certain way, it's hard to ever have that way of thinking change. I never really thought of it the other way, that the person doesn't notice when something isn't fitting into the pattern. The thinking is so powerful that it tends to push the person's actions into playing into the thinking and put them into circumstances that encourage the thinking. That cycle just never ends.

"...when the Creator is active in our lives, we are pushed at least to decide to be ourselves, even if it means that we will die unknown, poor, and alone." P 171

The thing I got most from this chapter was that the Creator being able to be fully active means that there's a a release from the consciousness which leads to being creative in an effortless manner. We push ourselves for things we care about like our arts for example. I have done many plays in sacrifice of having a job which means I don't have a lot of money. That lead to me not having gas for my car or barely affording school but something inside of me know I was doing something I loved so it was worth it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment